How Anywhere League Works
Face off against other companies while you connect, bond, and work together as a team playing online trivia.
Step 1: Register your team.
First, register for an upcoming season. We have new seasons starting every month with new categories and questions. Each season is six weeks long and includes weekly quizzes.
You don’t even need to know who exactly is going to play. Each team gets a breakout room during the quiz and can have as many people as you want. We suggest no more than 15 people per team, though, so people feel like they can participate in the conversation.
Step 2: Get the schedule.
We offer 5-10 live quiz times each week. Any registered team can drop in and play in any of them. Some teams pick the same time each week and whoever is available plays. Other teams take a poll to see what time works best for the most people each week. Each team gets its own breakout room to answer the questions.
Each Monday of the season, we send around head-to-head match ups and categories for the week. While two companies face off with each other for scoring purposes, they don’t have to be on the same call. Winners are decided at the end of the week regardless of when you play.
🗓️ April Season Quiz Times
2:00 PM ET / 11:00 AM PT
06:30 PM ET / 03:30 PM PT
3:00 PM ET / 12:00 PM PT
5:00 PM ET / 2:00 PM PT
3:00 PM ET / 12:00 PM PT
Step 3: Time for trivia
Trivia is done on Zoom, includes 5 rounds of questions on a variety of categories and lasts about 45 minutes.
There is a live host present each week who is responsible for reading the questions, but the majority of the time is spent with teams in breakout rooms discussing the questions and socializing. After 4 minutes, everyone comes back together and gets the answers to the previous round, along with the next round’s questions.
Click here for in-depth quiz rules ►
- A team can have up to 12 people playing at once.
- Each quiz lasts approximately 45 minutes.
- There are five total rounds.
- The first four rounds each have a specific category. The names of each category will be shared at the beginning of the quiz.
- Each round has six questions, worth one point each.
- One of these rounds is always a picture round.
- During the quiz you may select one of these rounds to be your bonus round and each question will be worth two points.
- You can only select a bonus round while submitting your answers for that round. You may not go back after the answers have been given and name something your bonus round.
- The final round is a puzzle or multi-part question that is worth five points.
- Game play
- All answer forms will be shared with the players in the chat window.
- Only one person per team needs to complete each answer form.
- The first sign-in form needs to be completed for each team before round one begins.
- The host will read out the questions for round one, share that round’s answer form link in the chat, and then open breakout rooms for the players to discuss their answers.
- Each team selects a player who will record their answers for them. This player generally shares their screen in the breakout room to discuss the questions and answers.
- After approximately 4 minutes the host will close the breakout rooms. All teams must submit their answers for the round at that point.
- The host will give the answers for that round and then read the questions for the next round.
- The total maximum score for the quiz is 35 points.
- Each team’s score will be compared head-to-head with another team’s each week in a round-robin tournament.
- Teams that win this matchup get three league points. If there’s a tie, both teams get one league point.
- The team with the most league points at the end of the season are the season champs.
- If there is a tie for season champs, the team with the higher average score for the season will be declared the winner.
Step 4: Secure bragging rights
Each Friday of the season, the results of the head-to-head matchups are sent via email along with some other info from the week such as what question was the hardest, and the current standings.
At the end of the season, the team with the best record is named the season champs!
Then the only question is if you want to play again. In our experience, most players do!
Ready to play?
Add a little spice to your team’s virtual happy hour and get everyone to bring the same team spirit to your next strategy meeting that they had trying to remember when the Roman Empire fell.